About the Episode:
In our discussion we talk about:
- How Gwen found her way into the field of law through an unusual path
- Being a lawyer and being in compliance – how they work together and how they can be at odds
- Gwen’s move to focus on human trafficking including her new podcast, Hidden Traffic, to help compliance professionals understand trafficking and the regulations around It and how to develop a program for it.
- The importance of self-care and maintaining good mental health through daily regimens such as journalling and meditation
And as we do each week, we hear about the most valuable thing that Gwen has learned from a mentor of hers.
Join our Slack community – https://bit.ly/mentorcoreslack. It’s free and open to all those in the security, compliance and risk fields, or those looking to become part of the community!
Thanks for listening!
- Welcome to the CHICAGO REGIONAL BUSINESS ETHICS NETWORK | Upper Midwest Region – Chicago, Minneapolis
- Compliance Law Journal – Issue VII – page 101
- Hidden Traffic: Fighting Against Modern Slavery
With more than two decades of experience working for public multinationals, Gwen Hassan’s practice areas include corruption prevention, compliance program design, structure and operation, trade compliance, and supply chain integrity. She most recently served as Managing Counsel for Global Compliance with day-to-day operational responsibility for the global compliance and ethics program for CNH Industrial, the world’s third largest capital goods maker and second largest manufacturer of farming equipment. Areas of specific experience include global compliance investigations, enterprise risk assessment and management, third party due diligence, cross border transactions, human trafficking prevention, policy development and training. Gwen has also served as an adjunct professor for the Loyola University School of Law where she developed and taught a course on compliance law practice. She is a graduate of DePaul University School of Law and the University of Wisconsin – Madison.