About the Episode:
Welcome to MentorCore, Melanie Sponholz. Melanie is the Chief Compliance Officer for WCP Healthcare. Melanie also teaches at Fordham Law. The world of compliance and the world of private equity are fascinating and in our discussion with Melanie we get to learn about how they intersect, the value that comes from that intersection and how compliance can be taught to others by practitioners.
Check out this episode for specific details on:
- How does activity on compliance (and security and privacy) affect value when done by those seeking investment from PE?
- How do deal structures change as a result of lack of compliance?
- What should people do to prepare to come into a compliance role within Private Equity? What are some of the experiences like?
- What does teaching in addition to work bring to a compliance professional? How does it benefit the field?
- How does adding teaching onto the day job aid or hinder the quest for balance and wellbeing in one’s life? How can we deal with the results?
And of course the best advice that Melanie has ever received from a mentor (and actually she shares two!)
Join our Slack community – https://bit.ly/mentorcoreslack. It’s free and open to all those in the security, compliance and risk fields, or those looking to become part of the community!
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the “with pictures” edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://bit.ly/mcoreyoutube and watch, subscribe and “like” the episodes.
Thanks for Listening!
About the Guest:
Melanie is the Chief Compliance Officer for Waud Capital Partners, Healthcare. She serves as a strategic resource to the firm’s healthcare portfolio companies to support the mission of creating and maintaining a strong culture of ethics and compliance at Waud-affiliated entities. Prior to joining WCP, Melanie served as Chief Compliance Officer at BioScrip, Home Solutions, and Fox Rehabilitation. She is a frequent speaker on healthcare compliance and strives to support the compliance profession by mentoring and creating networking and development opportunities for her team and others in the field. Melanie holds a B.A., magna cum laude, from Drew University and an M.S., with honors, from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, as well as numerous credentials from the Compliance Certification Board. Outside her professional career, Melanie enjoys spending time with her husband and three daughters, Peloton everything, cooking, and daydreaming about retirement life on an organic farm with many, many rescue dogs.