International relations degree turned into a legal career turned privacy officer turned ESG leader Michelle Beistle, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer for The Nature Conservancy joins Dan this week for a MentorCore chat.
Michelle and Dan talk about:
- Finding mentors early in your career
- The decision process between consulting and in-house roles
- Asking “who does this” function, the answer may end up being “you!”
- The Push and Pull of Security and Privacy on each other in an organisation
- The role of organisational mission and trust, and how we as “guardians” can help build trust
- The rise and role of ESG in the world and why ethics is so important in modern society and organisations
- How can you build an ethical culture within your organisation?
And it wouldn’t be MentorCore if we didn’t ask Michelle to share the best advice she has ever received from a mentor!
Show links with details of articles and items we discuss during the episode can be found on our website at https://podcast.mentorcore.biz/25
Join our Slack community – https://bit.ly/mentorcoreslack. It’s free and open to all those in the security, compliance and risk fields, or those looking to become part of the community!
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the “with pictures” edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://bit.ly/mcoreyoutube and watch, subscribe and “like” the episodes.
Thanks for Listening!